Monday 23 July 2012

You've Got The Love

Hi everyone, hope you had a good weekend!
Thought I'd show you a painting which I started yesterday and finished off this morning, and it seems to have divided the opinions of the people I've showed it to so far! It's a lot more imperfect and spontaneous than the stuff I normally do, but I'm rather pleased with how it turned out, plus it was great fun to paint! :) I was inspired to do it after I came across these amazing paintings by an artist called Corno, and really wanted to have a go at her style of portraiture. The picture I worked from is this photo of Karen Elson, but I think it turned out to look a bit more like Florence Welch, haha! What do you think?






Lauren x

11 comments:

  1. I love the picture!:) Really well painted:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. you are really talented! niiceee!!!

    http://www.themirroronthewall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! :)
    Join my Giveaway if you want and win $50 on LoveMartini site! :)
    http://liberty-walk-sara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you hun :) i've just followed you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this painting is so beautiful - I'm loving your colour palette and the brushwork is stung
    xxx
    INSIDE IN, INSIDE OUT 

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the technique and strokes, Its so amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soo beautiful ,j aime ton art ! bravo !!!
    bonne continuation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing ! I love your art, following your blog now ! I am a new blogger and would really appreciate if you stopped by my blog and follow back if you like it ! xx
    Xx
    Hélène
    http://www.thisisln.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. We really like that photos!!!!!!!!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i cant believe a spontaneous painting will turn out like this! the painting is so rad and awesome! <3 xx

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so amazing. You're so talented <3

    ReplyDelete