Thursday 12 July 2012

Diamond Blue Baby, New York City

If there's any two arty things I'm hopeless at, it's portraits and watercolours! With this in mind, yesterday I tried to conquer both these fears in one foul swoop, by doing a sketch of my ultimate girl crush, Lana Del Rey (image source here) :) here's how it turned out...




Fairly pleased with how it turned out, it's not as terrible as some of my attempts at drawing people! I started off by blocking out the features and general shape in pencil, added detail in biro, then finally blocked in some basic colour in watercolour :)
What do you think? Hope you're having a good week, everyone!
Lauren x

4 comments:

  1. I'm so obsessed with Lana Del Rey and your photo is perfection!

    jadepurplebrown.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Absolutely love this xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing <333

    xx
    biskvittka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete